Samstag, Dezember 13, 2008

poetry is for losers?

ich bin kein großer poetry-fan. ich kann üblicherweise weder mit metrik noch mit reimen etwas anfangen, aber das schöne an poetry ist, dass es auch andere formen gibt, die mir sehr zusagen. und ich bin manchmal ganz froh, dass der eine oder andere dozent einen mit gutem willen auf etwas stößt, was schön ist & das wir ohne einen weiteren hinweis nicht angeschaut hätte.

ich bin am überlegen, ob ich nichtmal wieder geld in einen gedichtband investieren möchte. warum nicht zum beispiel in texte von einem dieser drei menschen?

edit: dicker bullshit. poesie ist super. hirn an, dann schreiben/sprechen.
lieben gruß, dein inzwischen schlaueres selbst.
09.06.2011




Mark Strand, “Keeping Things Whole” (1964)
In a field
I am the absence
of field.
This is
always the case.
Wherever I am
I am what is missing.
When I walk
I part the air
and always
the air moves in
to fill the spaces
where my body’s been.
We all have reasons
for moving.
I move
to keep things whole.




William Carlos Williams, “This Is Just to Say” (1934)
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold




Carol Ann Duffy, “Poet for Our Times” (1990)
I write the headlines for a Daily Paper.
It's just a knack one’s born with all-right-Squire.
You do not have to be an educator,
just bang the words down like they're screaming Fire!
CECIL-KEAYS ROW SHOCK TELLS EYETIE WAITER.
ENGLAND FAN CALLS WHINGEING FROG A LIAR.
Cheers. Thing is, you've got to grab attention
with just one phrase as punters rush on by.
I've made mistakes too numerous to mention,
so now we print the buggers inches high.
TOP MP PANTIE ROMP INCREASES TENSION.
RENT BOY: ROCK STAR PAID ME WELL TO LIE.

I like to think that I'm a sort of poet
for our times. My shout. Know what I mean?
I've got a special talent and I show it
in punchy haikus featuring the Queen.
DIPLOMAT IN BED WITH SERBO CROAT.
EASTENDERS' BONKING SHOCK IS WELL-OBSCENE.

Of course, these days, there's not the sense of panic
you got a few years back. What with the box
et cet. I wish I'd been around when the Titanic
sank. To headline that, mate, would've been the tops.
SEE PAGE 3 TODAY GENTS THEY'RE GIGANTIC.
KINNOCK-BASHER MAGGIE PULLS OUT STOPS.
…And, yes, I have a dream – make that a scotch, ta –
that kids will know my headlines off by heart.
IMMIGRANTS FLOOD IN CLAIMS HEATHROW-WATCHER.
GREEN PARTY WOMAN IS A NIGHTCLUB TART.
The poems of the decade ... Stuff 'em! Gotcha!
The instant tits and bottom line of art.


Keine Kommentare: